• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

room_width vs. room_set_width()

DaveInDev

I just discover that finally when you enter a room, it seems that you also create some kind of an instance of the room object/template defined in your room editor.
because :
- if my room is originally defined in room editor as 500x500
- if I resize it when entering it with "room_width =" to let say 1920x1080 (because of the size of the user's screen)
- then if I restart the same room, it goes back to 500x500.
- if I want to change the size of the original room (the object not the instance), so that it will be
memorized for next room_restart, I have to use room_set_width(). The manual says that you cannot use it on the actual room, but
it seems that you can. It just changes the size of the "template" of the current room, which is very useful too ;)

Thought it might be useful to know for some of us that are struggling with these ratios, screen/room/camera/window sizes šŸ˜