• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker room_speed doesn't change animation speed in GMS2...

A

Ayziak

Title pretty much says all. I'm sure this is done for a reason, but is there any easy way to fix this? My first idea of setting all of the image_speed's to image_speed*(room_speed/60), but that doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Any ideas?

Either way, thanks for reading.

TheouAegis

Um, are you running with synchronization enabled? What's your framerate? If you run when room_speed is 60 and then try to run it with room_speed of 120, if synchronization is on you're not going to get a faster speed because your game will be clocked at 60 still.

A

Ayziak

Um, are you running with synchronization enabled? What's your framerate? If you run when room_speed is 60 and then try to run it with room_speed of 120, if synchronization is on you're not going to get a faster speed because your game will be clocked at 60 still.
I am aware of that, I'm saying that when I set the speed lower to 30 or anything, the animations stay as if they're 60fps, unlike GMS1.4.