• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Room Transition not working

M

MathewHall

Hello, I have come from Shaun Spalding's video on Transitions. And I can't see anyone else having this problem except for me. I am quite new to coding so I will have to apologize if it's an easy fix or whatnot.

Basically Whenever I go to the end of my room where the OLevelEnd Transition is, I just go right though it despite my character being in the same Layer as OLevelEnd, I have tried to find the solution by trying to change stuff up for an hour to see if it works as due possibly cause it's an old version of Gamemaker he was using in the video, I also checked the YouTube comments of his video without luck as I think this is a rare issue that happens (or not) Does it have to do with my code cause I've checked everything over and it's looks fine to me.

oLevelEnd Collision with oPlayer code:
GML:
with (oPlayer)
{
    if (hascontrol)
    {
        hascontrol = false;
        SlideTransition(TRANS_MODE.GOTO,other.target);
    }
}
Slide Transition script code:
GML:
with(oTransition)
    {
        mode = argument[0];
        if(argument_count > 1) target = argument[1];

}

oTransition step code:
Code:
if (mode != TRANS_MODE.OFF)
{
    if (mode == TRANS_MODE.INTRO)
    {
        percent = max(0,percent - max((percent/10),0.005));
    }
    else
    {
        percent = min(1.2,percent + max(((1.2 - percent)/10),0.005));
    }

if (percent == 1.2) || (percent == 0)
    {
        switch (mode)
        {
            case TRANS_MODE.INTRO:
            {
                mode =TRANS_MODE.OFF;
                break;
            }
            case TRANS_MODE.NEXT:
            {
                mode = TRANS_MODE.INTRO;
                room_goto_next();
                break;
            }
            case TRANS_MODE.GOTO:
            {
                mode = TRANS_MODE.INTRO;
                room_goto(target);
                break;
            }
            case TRANS_MODE.RESTART:
            {
                game_restart();
                break;
            }
        }

}
}
For anyone who knows how to fix this or needs more information to fix it (e.g pics to show), please let me know.

Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MathewHall

You have not answered this question. Please answer the question I have asked, as this answer is vital to providing any further help on the subject.
I'm don't think so as it's was one of Shaun's 2017 tutorial videos, so probably no. How would I add this in and where to fix this problem? (Sorry for being uninformed as I am quite new still to coding in gamemaker, terribly sorry. :confused:)

Nidoking

Did you read the instructions at the link I gave you? This is really, really important. It even says "GM 2.3 Users Please Read!!" at the top, and it's got links in it to examples and articles that will answer all of your questions.

M

MathewHall

Did you read the instructions at the link I gave you? This is really, really important. It even says "GM 2.3 Users Please Read!!" at the top, and it's got links in it to examples and articles that will answer all of your questions.
I have done this by adding in the new functions part to my script for the transitions, however it's still not working. :(