Graphics Room Transition Effect

T

TinyGamesLab

GM Version: 1.4
Target Platform: ALL
Download: N/A
Links: see video below

Summary:
Learn on this series of tutorials how to create awesome and easy room transition effects with only 1 object!
The series has a basic tutorial (for initial setup) and then different tutorials for different effects that build upon the initial idea.
The whole series will be avaiable at the follwing playlist:

This is the tutorial that will serve as a basis for the next videos.
The button expand in a circle/disk effect before changing to the new room, where it shrinks back to its regular size.
It makes use of the draw_primitive functions to get a sharp looking transition.

This is what you'll achieve at the end:

Tutorial:

Building upon the basic tutorial, I'll show you how to have multiple disks/circles with different colors, such as this:

Tutorial:

Building upon the basic tutorial, I'll show you how to have this cool shrink effect:

Tutorial:

This time I'll teach you to do something different and use some bounce easing effect to achieve the effect shown below:

Tutorial:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TinyGamesLab

Glad you guys liked it!
When I get back home (in 2 days) I can post how to do some variations of the same transition (maybe some hexagons, left to right swipes or circles inside other circles)

T

TinyGamesLab

I just did 2 variations of the same transition object, would you guys like to see how it is done?

Both variations are in the same GIF:

Sorry for the large GIF's, but it was the best I could make to capture the effects...

T

TinyGamesLab

Okay ladies and gentlemen!
I decided to change my approach and created a series. In order to do so I created a basic tutorial (which will have an initial sample code) and additional tutorial for each effect.
Click on the spoilers to get a glimpse of each tutorial final effect.
I have a couple more tutorials in the making in order to increase this series.
Let me know if you like this format or not!

T

TinyGamesLab

New tutorial is out (Bouncy Title), which is a bit different from the other ones as I use a Sprite to hide the room transitions.
Check it out!

Slyddar

You're producing some real fun stuff, loving it. Only suggestion is to cut the background music, it just makes it harder to hear you, and doesn't improve the quality of the final product.

GM Version: 1.4
Target Platform: ALL
Download: N/A
Links: see video below

Summary:
Learn on this series of tutorials how to create awesome and easy room transition effects with only 1 object!
The series has a basic tutorial (for initial setup) and then different tutorials for different effects that build upon the initial idea.
The whole series will be avaiable at the follwing playlist:

This is the tutorial that will serve as a basis for the next videos.
The button expand in a circle/disk effect before changing to the new room, where it shrinks back to its regular size.
It makes use of the draw_primitive functions to get a sharp looking transition.

This is what you'll achieve at the end:

Tutorial:

Building upon the basic tutorial, I'll show you how to have multiple disks/circles with different colors, such as this:

Tutorial:

Building upon the basic tutorial, I'll show you how to have this cool shrink effect:

Tutorial:

This time I'll teach you to do something different and use some bounce easing effect to achieve the effect shown below:

Tutorial:

Amazing!! Very much trying this later. Thanks friend. Great work.