• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Room Properties disappeared?

Chaser

after creating a room, i set the size of the room, and put in a background, all good, then created a sprite, object, etc, when i wanted to change the room size to something else the properties tab seems to have disappeared?, it doesn't show up when in the room, right clicking on room to show properties seems to do nothing, there is just nothing there, no instance layers, tile layers, have i done something and not realized? reading the documentation suggests that it should be there, even says about 'Layer Instances' but i don't seem to have that either. all i have is what i have in the room already, i can drag objects into the room, but that it.

could someone enlighten me on my stupidity.

Mick

This happened to me also (or I closed the properties since they were visible even if the room editor wasn't visible), you can get it back from the menu bar (there should be a menu called "Room" when the room editor is active).

Last edited:

Chaser

I'm not sure what you mean by focus? I can see the room fine, I've tried zooming in out, and shake it all about, I did the yokie cokie and turned around, and still I have nothing to change the room properties, deleted and created a new room, and No property window appears, I closed and shut down, restarted and still problem persists, so I can't actually do anything with a room, just a good old black checkered screen, suppose I could make a chess game.

Mick

I edited my post a little, by having focus I just only meant that the room editor was visible or active. You should have a menu called "Room" in the menu bar under which you can choose to show the properties.

Chaser

Arh yes, that's the one, why did I remove it, I wouldn't of done that deliberately, that's mental. Thank you for your help sir, very much appreciated.