• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Room not showing up in room editor, but does exist in files, and works when I run the game

Z

Zulfiqar Khan

So I have my rOne.yy in my rooms folder of my project, but it doesn't show up in my room editor. I think it has something to do with a string I wrote containing \n (line break in text) but I don't know. would love some assistance, thanks!

c0rd0v4n

i had this issue today and i fixed it by doing this.

go to the room tree and right click, click add existing, navigate to your game folder and select rOne.yy
- the objects and code you've put into the room should come back the way you had it before it vanished.

repeat process with all other assets

i hope this helps!

EDIT - i tried to do this with my background sprites but they were currupted

Last edited: