SOLVED Room Layer Depth Problems

ERK

Hello, I'm having an issue in my rooms. I have two Tile Layers. One has a depth set to 100 and the other has a depth set to -100.

The Tile Layer with the depth of -100 should be drawn in game over the other layer.

This is only working in part of the room. When my player object is walking around the room, there are parts where the -100 layer isn't drawing over the other layer.

Am I missing something to make the layer depth consistent through the entire room?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Rather than missing something to make the depth consistent, do you already have something that makes the depth inconsistent? Something like, say, an adaptive system that changes the player's depth depending on where it is? Layers don't have different depths in different parts of the room, so most likely either something else is changing depths around, or your stuff isn't on the layer you think it is on.

Reactions: ERK

ERK

Thank you, that's what the problem was. My player object's depth was set to -y. For some reason I wasn't thinking Tile Layer depth's were in relation to the y axis. I was thinking they were more like layers in Photoshop.