GameMaker Room goto not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Palgia

Hello !

I am currently create a platformer game, but the function room_goto is not working properly for me. I tested this functin in a another project and it worked. But for some reasons, in my game, it does this when I walk through a door which teleport the player to another room:

It seems that when I use the function room_goto, the last room and the next room sticks together. I specify that nothing is set to persistent (player and room) so I don't really understand why it does this.

Anyone can help ? Thanks :D

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are you drawing a background in the second room? The screenshot looks like what happens when you don't fully overwrite the back buffer every frame - stuff starts overlapping and leaving trails of itself.

P

Palgia

Are you drawing a background in the second room? The screenshot looks like what happens when you don't fully overwrite the back buffer every frame - stuff starts overlapping and leaving trails of itself.
Nope, the background in the two rooms are transparent

JasonTomLee

Try clearing the display buffer.
And if that doesn't work, Enabling Viewports + Clear Viewport background should do the job! But make sure you set the Camera & View sizings correctly when using views.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you resolve it using the tried and proven again and again solution I posted three years ago that has been publicly visible ever since?

If not, please post your own topic, because then it's not relevant to this topic... and if your problem is relevant to it, you should be able to solve it using the information provided in the previous posts.

I'll lock this topic as there is nothing more that can be said about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.