• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Room Generation for Dungeon Crawler

Roderick

I also don't want to pay for something that I can easily code myself.
Ok, but...

I have no idea how to do this though.
You obviously can't "easily do it yourself".

This site has links to a lot of useful information. It's all either language-agnostic or written for other languages, so you'll need to really understand what they're saying so you can convert it to GML.

If you just want to copy and paste someone else's code, $4 for a ready to go asset is a steal.

Ok, but...

You obviously can't "easily do it yourself".

This site has links to a lot of useful information. It's all either language-agnostic or written for other languages, so you'll need to really understand what they're saying so you can convert it to GML.

If you just want to copy and paste someone else's code, $4 for a ready to go asset is a steal.
From what I understand I need to draw the sprite on a surface and then convert it to a buffer and then read the buffer. I just don't know how to do this! Once I know how to do this it should be easy to code. Also I don't like using other peoples assets if it is something I can code because I feel like coding it myself will help me improve. BTW Thanks for the website. It is not the exact type of level generation I want but it could still be useful later in the project!