• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Room Editor Tiles Missing on Run

Today I build my level with lots of tiles etc.. and when I run the game half of the tiles are missing. There is no code or anything involved in this just some basic tiles.

I saved my project and when I came back into the room editor my room was missing exactly the same tiles as the last run!

This is a big deal for me.. as this has happened before.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
To go through the usual suspects...

Make sure your project is not in a cloud drive.
Clear the cache (Ctrl+F7).
Export the project as a YYZ and import it back.

I'm not running in cloud.
I cleared the cache

Why would I want to export it as a YYZ and import it back?!.. It should just save when I press Save..

Today I have the same problem..

Room Editor:
1624032052206.png

In Game:
1624032006098.png

Well I figured it out...

When I put tiles in the room it doesnt save because it can't recognize the changes that are made so it doesnt save.. BUT when I put an instance in the room it recognizes the changes and thennn it allows me to save my project..

I'm running the latest version of GMS2.3+

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Why would I want to export it as a YYZ and import it back?!.. It should just save when I press Save..
Why would I turn my PC off and on again when something strange happens? Because quite often, that resolves it... the same goes for projects randomly breaking and the export-import game. :) Although I do agree that saving should just save and this probably won't fix anything if things are the way you described.

I tested this on my end and I'm not encountering the issue you're describing. I tested on 23.1.1.300 and 2.3.2.560. Is this occurring for you on either of these versions? If so, please file a bug report. I can't say I've encountered this issue myself or heard about anyone else having it, so that seems to be the best suggestion I can provide.

dm59113

You have test to re import your tiles pictures ? I think the apps don't succes to refresh the pictures files.

Just got a reply back from the ticket..

Apparantly it is a bug that is fixed in the Beta. We just have to wait until the Beta goes live.

rIKmAN

Just got a reply back from the ticket..

Apparantly it is a bug that is fixed in the Beta. We just have to wait until the Beta goes live.
You can already get the latest beta from here: https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html

The “missing tiles on project run” is one of the fixes listed in the Release Notes on the page I linked above.

The Beta Release announcement thread itself can be found here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/2-3-3-beta-release.86410/