• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked

JeanSwamp

Hello,

Today out of nowhere, my whole Tile Layers dissapeared. Restaring the IDE made them visible again. It keeps happening randomly, and tick/untick the eye icon to toogle visibility is not working. I noticed also, some tile layers whenever I select a tile and drag the mouse to the Room IDE to "draw" the tile, it won't display it as if the layer was hidden. This only happens with certain layers, pretty randomly.

Now I also notice this spam message on the Output:

" Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked"

This message is being SPAMMED heavily, almost like 3-4 times per second. Right now I am literally unavailable to do any kind of IDE work because of this.

There's zero information about this error, besides one post where there's also zero answers and they don't seem to have a problem with layers.

If it's still relevant
I had same issue, that error disappeared after I rebooted my pc, so restarting gms or rebooting your pc could fix it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm actually going to bump this, too. I am on IDE v2.3.3.570, runtime v2.3.3.434. (Windows)
This started happening when I right-clicked the first (and only) room in my project and selected "Create Child Room."
Two issues came up -- the child room did not inherit the parent room's dimensions, and the output panel was sending "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" several times a second.
The parent room's dimensions were 640 x 360, but the child room is 1366 x 768. I can't draw tiles beyond 640 x 360 in the child room, though.

To test how I caused this, I closed the project without saving and reopened it, taking me back to when there was only one room. Going into the room editor and selecting the tile layer (which had a tileset assigned to it, so the mouse was automatically put into brush mode), "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" started appearing again. So I closed the project again, opened GMS2, cleared the Temp Folder, Asset Cache, and IDE Cache, and reloaded the project.

No errors in the room editor this time. So I created a child room again, and the same issues started. The child room dimensions were incorrect, and "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" was appearing.

Hope this was detailed enough to be helpful for YoYo/people with similar issues. I was following Shaun Spalding's ARPG tutorial, bumped into this issue while following along at the beginning of episode 5.

flyinian

I'm actually going to bump this, too. I am on IDE v2.3.3.570, runtime v2.3.3.434. (Windows)
This started happening when I right-clicked the first (and only) room in my project and selected "Create Child Room."
Two issues came up -- the child room did not inherit the parent room's dimensions, and the output panel was sending "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" several times a second.
The parent room's dimensions were 640 x 360, but the child room is 1366 x 768. I can't draw tiles beyond 640 x 360 in the child room, though.

To test how I caused this, I closed the project without saving and reopened it, taking me back to when there was only one room. Going into the room editor and selecting the tile layer (which had a tileset assigned to it, so the mouse was automatically put into brush mode), "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" started appearing again. So I closed the project again, opened GMS2, cleared the Temp Folder, Asset Cache, and IDE Cache, and reloaded the project.

No errors in the room editor this time. So I created a child room again, and the same issues started. The child room dimensions were incorrect, and "Room Editor TileBuilderLock Still Locked" was appearing.

Hope this was detailed enough to be helpful for YoYo/people with similar issues. I was following Shaun Spalding's ARPG tutorial, bumped into this issue while following along at the beginning of episode 5.
This is the exact issues I'm currently having. I guess it's a new bug. If you find a fix, could you let me know? I'll do the same for you as well if you'd like.

Edit: This is a known bug but, no fix has been released as of yet.