Question - IDE Room Editor tab is missing!

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Agneum, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Agneum

Agneum Member

So..... I just opened a room resource and I can't find the tab for layers etc. Where can I find this?
    I clicked on "Windows" in the menu bar, but it's not listed there. All I have is the ability to see how the room looks like and the small menu with the icons (magnify, center fit, show animation).

EDIT:

Resolved by doing a reset layout. But how do I get the room editor back if I close it? Seems buggy and/or not user friendly.

2. gnysek

gnysek Member

If you are in room editor, on top bar there will be shown new entry, called "Room". You can bring back windows there. For others, search them in "Windows" menu.

sman likes this.
  3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Are you sure the windows were closed? You didn't simply have the docks hidden? GMS2 has "docks" on either side and at the bottom of the IDE and these can be hidden or expanded as you need them. It could be that you simply had to hit the "Expand docks" button at the top of the IDE (keyboard shortcut f12).

4. bowmop

bowmop Member

Just had this same issue. If you create a room and exit out of the room editor there is no easy way to get it back. As gnysek suggested I went to windows and searched for room editor but it is not there. it is not hidden in docks on the side once you exit out of it. the only way to get it back that I can see is what Agneum did where he reset the layout. Try it out yourself press the X on room editor and get it back without resetting the layout.

5. gnysek

gnysek Member

Room tab is under "Windows". Each tab of "Room" (Instance order, Layers, Room Properties, etc.) tab is inside "Room" menu when room tab is active (only then this menu is visible).

6. des

des Member

I have proplem I closed all my tabs on accident and I cant get them back this is EXTREMELY frustrating can some one help?

7. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Can't you just go to the Layout menu and select Reset Layout? That should put the editor layout back to the default.

lozawer likes this.
  8. lozawer

lozawer Member

Thank you that worked