• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows room editor side tabs keep opening

jonjons

Hi everyone, is there a way to close the side tabs permentaly in the room editor ?

Its quite annoying changing to workspace(1) then going back to the room editor the tabs are opened again... Iam tired of click fighting this system.

gnysek

Don't close room editor ;)

But no, there's no way.

In my opinion, all room editor tabs should be "inside" room editor tab, not outside of it. That would much easier to manage then (and you can display both resource tree and room properties at once).

jonjons

i was refering to the side tabs, its a matter of pressing the workspace(1) tab. Pressing the room editor tab and workspace vice versa, will expand the tabs... It almost feels like a claustrofobic environment.

In my opinion, all room editor tabs should be "inside" room editor tab, not outside of it. That would much easier to manage then (and you can display both resource tree and room properties at once).
One easy way to do it would be to copy the layout in photoshop in (window options) and position those property options in the workspace... But if iam not doing anything wrong gm2 doesnt seem to save the room tab layout when moving to workspace tab.