• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Room Editor : Replace/Swap objects?

N

Nathan

I am curious if there is a way to swap out objects that are placed in a room. For example, if I put 7 floor piece objects in a room and then wish to switch 4 of them with a spiked floor object, can I select an instance and swap it to a different object?

For any video editors a perfect example is in Premiere, you select a clip on the timeline and use the "Replace from Bin" option to change the timeline asset to a different asset from your project bin.

gnysek

Would be nice if it could be possible to change instances to sprites, however that seems more as task for plugin when they become available...

N

Nathan

Hey Nocturne,

Is this possible with multiple instances all selected together? Say you wanted to change 20 of them? Or do you have to do it one by one?

You can simply double click the instance in the room editor and select a different object from the properties window that pops up. :)

gnysek

Probably you can do it manually from JSON file, but it can take longer than doing it from room editor, thanks to how complex this file is.