• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Room editor: Merge layers

bluetrack

Hi, Is there a way to merge layers like in Photoshop? Importing projects from GM:S 1.4 puts instances in different layers and it gets cumbersome to manage. An option to merge down selected layers and have all those scattered instances in one layer would be great.

Thanks.

BoB3k

Don't know if this tip is elsewhere, but I have noticed that if you Cut an object or group of objects, and then paste, they default to being pasted in the same location they were in. So, if you hide all layers but the one you want to merge from, and do a select all (shift select) and do a Cut and then go to the layer you want to merge into, and then do a Paste, the objects should paste in pretty well.

I also use this trick to cut and paste an object to pull it to the top of the instance list -- (which effects draw order, (IN THE VERSION I USE (I actually haven't updated in awhile because newer version totally ignore instance create order for draw order and it totally breaks the way I create my levels in the room editor and I don't want to / feel like implementing the z-order stuff people talk about here) ) )