• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Room Editor - Can't drag sprite without creating new asset layer

kikibees

I'm following the Little Town tutorials (Session 01 - 06) and I'm at the part where I drag the player sprite into the game room. In the tutorial, they drag the sprite to the selected Instances layer, and in the properties for that you can see the multiple instances of the sprite. When I try to do the same in my program, it tells me that it can only be applied to an asset layer, and then makes a new layer where I can then place the sprite. Any idea why this happens and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance <3

rIKmAN

I'm following the Little Town tutorials (Session 01 - 06) and I'm at the part where I drag the player sprite into the game room. In the tutorial, they drag the sprite to the selected Instances layer, and in the properties for that you can see the multiple instances of the sprite. When I try to do the same in my program, it tells me that it can only be applied to an asset layer, and then makes a new layer where I can then place the sprite. Any idea why this happens and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance <3
If they are dragging it to the Instances layer then they are dragging in the object, not the sprite.