OFFICIAL Rollback Betas Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to this update of GameMaker. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

As ever, PLEASE check the Required SDKs FAQ before/during updating and ensure your antivirus/OS permissions are correct by checking User Permissions and Internet Access Required by GameMaker before you submit any bug reports or post issues here.

You should post here if:
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (i.e.: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues to the Helpdesk, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem and always attach the "ui.log" file found via the "Open Log in ..." Help menu command inside GameMaker
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a YYZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behaviour
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target or running on a device) then please always include the compiler log we ask for (it's genuinely very important!) and provide details of the machine being used as well as the software versions involved
Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

Release Notes

Runtime Release Notes

Current Release -
IDE v2022.600.0.153 Runtime v2022.600.0.133 (July 15th, 2022)

Fixed a couple more rollback/Opera GX issues, plus two Switch packaging problems, and an important fix for PS4 audio which caused issues with video playback.

See the notes links above for the full contents.

Beta 2 - IDE v2022.600.0.147 Runtime v2022.600.0.121 (July 07, 2022)

Full notes can be found using the links just above, but be aware there is an important change in this version which might explain some issues you may have seen, or might require you to edit your code, etc.:
  • rollback_define_player() now has a optional new "layer" parameter for defining which room layer is to be used
  • In previous releases you had to have a layer called "Instances" otherwise you would get an error in-game (and it would always be this layer which was used), but now the function will use your value if you set one, otherwise it will carry on using an "Instances" layer

Original Release - IDE v2022.600.0.144 Runtime v2022.600.0.118 (July 05, 2022)

These additional June Beta updates are primarily for supporting the new rollback multiplayer functionality which was quietly available in the previous Beta release (but not the 2022.6.0 monthly release). We will add any fixes for rollback over the next couple of weeks, plus some select important other changes/fixes which affect the monthly release.

See the usual release notes links above for changes since 2022.6.0. However, if you have not already updated your main install to 2022.6.0, then please also review the whole of the monthly IDE and the runtime notes carefully, as there are a lot of changes and things to be aware of in that monthly release which would also apply to these new Betas!

To be clear, if 2022.6.0 has an issue and you do not see a fix for it mentioned in the release notes above, then these Betas would have the same issue - please avoid double-posting and instead only post about this issue in the usual monthly thread.

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That's a second update starting to roll out now - if you don't see it immediately, just give it a little time to reach you...

IDE v2022.600.0.147 Runtime v2022.600.0.121 - I added the info into my comment above.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Anyone made any cool games/test projects with the rollback functionality yet? Don't be afraid to share links here and show off your skills ;)

Jman

I made a small game with the new rollback functionality called Node Vs.

Edit:

Sometimes when playing my game with rollback one of the players will have an exception with the following in the console:

Assertion: input.generation != _last_user_added_frame_generation || input.frame == _last_user_added_frame || input.frame == _last_user_added_frame + 1 @ multiplayer/lib/input_queue.cpp:201

It happens after the player presses the space bar to say they want to play again. Should I submit a bug report with my project, or would this be a result of me doing something wrong on my end?

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I made a small game with the new rollback functionality called Node Vs.

Edit:

Sometimes when playing my game with rollback one of the players will have an exception with the following in the console:

Assertion: input.generation != _last_user_added_frame_generation || input.frame == _last_user_added_frame || input.frame == _last_user_added_frame + 1 @ multiplayer/lib/input_queue.cpp:201

It happens after the player presses the space bar to say they want to play again. Should I submit a bug report with my project, or would this be a result of me doing something wrong on my end?
Please file a bug so we can investigate... a bit difficult to tell from the description

Russell

Working on an RTS game, will update it when I get something playable. Had to report a bug -- the game becomes desynchronized when doing "drag selection" on the units because the mouse button press and release are not synchronized.

Stra

Working on an RTS game, will update it when I get something playable. Had to report a bug -- the game becomes desynchronized when doing "drag selection" on the units because the mouse button press and release are not synchronized.
And you're sure that's not a problem with your code?

@Dan @rwkay @ScottD
Displays application-specific errors that have error codes, so Nintendo official error applet or old GMS error applet show a black screen on the Nintendo Switch. I have opened a bug but Nintendo stopped 2 submissions because the option is marked as Yes in the features but also if we generate a fake bug there is no message on screen.
bug #200422

Thanks
Francesco

Apologize if i wrote here but there is no official thread for the current beta.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That's a third update starting to roll out now - if you don't see it immediately, just give it a little time to reach you...

IDE v2022.600.0.153 Runtime v2022.600.0.133
Release Notes
Runtime Release Notes

bug #200422
This one is now fixed in this Beta, along with another Switch packaging issue and an important fix for PS4 audio which caused issues with video playback.

See the notes links above for the full contents.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yeah, sorry - we did notice that one after and so a fix has been made for the new 800 Betas already.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
And yeah, that's the 800 beta out now, with lots more rollback additions/fixes, so I will close this thread now and if you're doing anything with rollback I would encourage you to go get that new Beta.

Thanks again, all, for any feedback or bugs you submitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.