• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Project Rogue-Lock:Ultimate[GMS2] Roguelike starter pack

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
This asset is no more supported.

This is Rogue-Lock:Ultimate, the successor of Rogue-Lock.
Made with GMS2 for GMS2!
It's a Roguelike starter pack. really helpful to begin making ... roguelike!
Here it is: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5236/rogue-lock-ultimate
Here is the demo: Demo rogue_lock_ultimate.zip

Tell me if you find any bugs, any errors. Here on the forum or by mail: [email protected]

What to expect in it:
  • Procedurally generated levels
  • Fully functional inventory system
  • Custom fullscreen script (Pixel perfect)
  • Auto-tiling level
  • Save/Load system
  • Examples of: Player sheet / enemy A.I. / Shadowcasting FOV / Turn-based system / Random loot
  • Mini map
  • Good support
Screenshots:

Last edited:

bml

This is great! Any upgrade path for the old version of Rogue-Lock? I just bought the old version on the 28th thinking it would be updated to Ultimate. My misunderstanding.

Thanks!

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
I'm quitting gamedev. It's no more a hobby. Perhaps someday I'll return to it. In the meantime, I put all my assets free in the marketplace. Rogue-Lock:Ultimate is my biggest achievement. I put in there all I learned about Roguelikes. There is things in there that I will have done in a other way now but it's done. I won't support my assets anymore. I hope Rogue-Lock:Ultimate will continue to help new coders to learn basics of roguelike. Thx to all persons who bought it.

Last edited: