• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Project Rogue-Lock, a roguelike starter pack

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
This asset is no more supported.

Get it here: Rogue-Lock

This is Rogue-Lock, a roguelike STARTER PACK.

Screenshots:

Rogue-Lock is not an engine, it's a starter pack. You've got a lot of resources to start creating a roguelike game.

Included:
  • Procedurally generated levels.
  • Fully functional inventory system.
  • Custom fullscreen script (Pixel perfect).
  • Auto-tiling level.
  • Save/Load system (As a separate project).
  • Mini-map
  • Examples of: Player sheet / enemy A.I. / Shadowcasting FOV / Turn-based system / Random loot.
There is a lot of examples in this project to help you.

As a BONUS: From my assets on the Marketplace I included these original assets on a .zip:
-Grid shadow casting
-Inventory DB
-Grid path

Yes, they're all included on this asset!! They are all well detailed.

Demo version(2 demos. 1 using the YYC and 1 normal): http://www.naztail.com/Demos/Rogue-Lock-demo.zip

If you want to try the Save/Load system : http://www.naztail.com/Demos/Rogue_save.zip Both YYC and Windows version are included.

Original Runelock: DEMO_Runelock (That's where all started!)

Last edited:

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Rogue-Lock:Ultimate is an asset I will release real soon for GMS2.
A complete adaptation of Rogue-Lock with more stuff.
Save game will be implemented, a better inventory and perfectly adapted to GMS2.
Will include the original Inventory DB2: InventoryDB2
  • Procedurally generated levels.
  • Fully functional inventory system
  • Auto-tiling level.
  • Save/Load system
  • Examples of: Player sheet / enemy A.I. / Shadowcasting FOV / Turn-based system / Random loot.
The perfect asset for someone who wants to take a step further in turn by turn roguelike.

Rogue-Lock:Ultimate is 95% done. Need to do more testing and make it YYC tested.

Last edited:

Ednei

About Rogue-Lock Ultimate

I bought the "Rogue-Lock Ultimate" and found it wonderful. I'm really excited about the script and started to study it.

Is it possible to create labyrinths with the upper and lateral view of the walls as in the figure below?

I do not have enough knowledge to modify the demo of your script to display the maze in this way. Could you give me some tips or examples?

Thank you so much.

Ednei