• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Rodger Dodge

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Available now for iOS and Android. I am merely the programmer for this game. All of the art, animation, music, SFX, story, etc. are by Budgess Man (Justin Garcia) & friends. For more info on who-did-what, please see the in-game credits.

100% free and ad-free.

520x293bb.jpg

520x293bb-1.jpg

520x293bb-2.jpg

520x293bb-3.jpg

552x414bb.jpg

GET HIT!

Rodger's trying to dodge PE, and he needs your help to get to the nurse's office! Every day at SBC Elementary starts with a quick game of dodgeball, which means you have just one minute to GET HIT fill the damage meter! If you don't, Rodger may have to run, climb, or even worse... Play in the parachute.

RUN, JUMP and DIVE to get maximum hits! AVOID first aid items that restore your health! COMPETE with your friends to see who can get the highest score!

Rodger Dodge is the first-ever mobile game from Emmy Award winning Budgess Man Entertainment, and features an all-new original soundtrack by LATE WATCH.

Important Message for Parents:
Rodger Dodge does not feature in-app purchases, but it does include external links to the Budgess Man Studio Store, and the Budgess Man website.

Download

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thanks for the play and feedback! (in advance and after) :D

We also had to avoid sounding too much like

but I don't think we succeeded.

M

mazimadu

I played it and I have to say, this game has some of the strongest art detection I have seen in an Android game this year! I really like the characters, animation and even the colors for the interface. Every thing is so sharp and refined while being simplified. It reminds me off a high quality 60s cartoon.

As for the gameplay. It is sharp and responsive. I liked the dive when you double tap. But the game gets quite repetitive fast. If you had more varied gameplay and some powerups/challenges, it would have been better. Also there is a glitch on my tablet where in cut scenes images delicate.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@mazimadu thank you so much for all of your kind words! We've had someone else report about the issue you are having on your tablet. Unfortunately we didn't know about that when we were testing as we only tested on iPhone, iPad, and various Android phones.

You mind posting a screenshot of the cutscene bug on your tablet? The sooner we have that, hopefully the sooner we'll have the bug resolved. I have an idea of how to fix it, I just need to see what exactly is happening visually. :)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Wow, that's really strange. I actually have no idea why it would be doing that on some devices, all I know is it doesn't on mine. Does it do that for the whole cutscene or just that one slide?

Edit: I think I know what the problem may be. I'm hoping to have this fixed real soon.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@mazimadu We have fixed the issues you were having. Thank you for the bug report. :)

Edit: Super Game Droid left a review of Rodger Dodge! [link]
With its vibrant cartoon graphics and tight controls Rodger Dodge offers a polished arcade experience.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thank you @marius for the kind words. :)

Even though this game was originally designed with mobile in mind, we are in the process of porting it to Desktop (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) and OUYA.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Man.. why don't you add a way to monetize off of this, it's awesome!
Thank you for the compliment!

We felt it wasn't good enough to be a paid app. We decided to not have ads because we found it would ruin the game play experience.

We plan to make paid apps in the future, which (might) contain ads in their free editions.

0.Bytes

The art is beautiful, congrats and respect to the artist =p

The main character remind me a mix of Dexter (the serial killer/tv show) and Dexter (the cartoon/dexter's laboratory) hehe

C

Chatterb0x

Wow is that animation smooth! You can tell that love went in to this endeavor. The shop is the first I've seen of this monetization model. Might I suggest a level select feature? Of course, I haven't passed level 3. :3

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thanks everyone! :D
Wow is that animation smooth! You can tell that love went in to this endeavor. The shop is the first I've seen of this monetization model. Might I suggest a level select feature? Of course, I haven't passed level 3. :3
I could suggest this to Justin, since he is in charge of what gets done with this game, but I've got a feeling he doesn't want a level select feature. Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hey guys!

Good news. A lot of newer devices have come out since the time we released this game and well, that introduced a lot of new bugs on those devices, both iOS and Android. It is now official that 1.0.3 has been released on both platform stores, which has addressed these issues just in time for GameMaker Studio 1.4's tragic death! Be sure to grab this update, and feel free to look under the "MORE" section, for new goodies.

Also two people in the game's credits got married and we had to change a last name since the last update. I feel honored to be the one to change that last name for them. I feel like an aquatic undersea super hero old person yelling in a grouchy voice, "You may kiss the bride!"