• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

ROADMAP: UI SYSTEM

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Saw that today as well..

started with my own GUI system. xD
There are other existing systems already though - on the market I'm sure.

But I have to say with 9slice it's much easier now.

Mert

Game Maker lacks being a modern game engine by missing a built-in GUI system. That's one of the most spoken negative sides of Game Maker.
We definitely need that.

Roldy

Game Maker lacks being a modern game engine by missing a built-in GUI system. That's one of the most spoken negative sides of Game Maker.
We definitely need that.
Its on the roadmap and I think everyone would appreciate its delivery.

I agree it is potentially a useful feature and would see much use.

My top three are:

1. IDE extensions
  2. Updated shader model
  3. GUI system

DrFenouil

Yes finally it comes ! All my game ideas are management games where the UI is very important, it will save me a lot of time !

gnysek

They mentioned, that every features on that list will be done from top to bottom. This one have low chances to be released in next 12 months (but since they aren't releasing one version per quarter now, it's still more than 0% - and they still can move it up at some point).