• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows River Raid Based Game

Alexx

River Raid Was Released on the Atari by Activision, Activision Blizzard in 1982

Today's game was a joy to make. I had access to some graphical resources, which makes the game look pretty good.
The game play is OK as a basic model, but it needs a bit of tweaking, such as making the helicopters a bit smarter and enable them to shoot. Overall I'm reasonably happy with the result.
This is definitely one game I'll be coming back to at the end of my endeavor to make 50 games in approx 50 days.
Controls are arrow keys and Z to fire, fly over fuel can to collect fuel.
Screen Shot:

You can download the EXE here.

Last edited:

Roa

Its decent for one day, but needs lots and lots of polish. I love river raid and was a bit sad when this fell short of my expectations. Keep it up though.

D

darthlupi

Dude you need to make those bullets COUNT to be river raid!
I think they limited it to one shot on the screen at a time.
I also loved raiding those chunky old rivers!

R

Roger Robertson

Alexx, This is a great start. Sure some tweaking will help but as far as style you are dead on. Can't wait to see this as you progress.