• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Ridiculous problems I encountered in Game Maker

lock46

Sometimes when I open gamemakerstudio 2, some files are duplicated in the asset section, sometimes they get mixed up in the other file, it's very annoying, and when I click on it and delete it, they both get deleted.
kalrnet.PNG
male.PNG

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Try exporting the project and importing into an empty project. Always make backups too.
If it persists, I think it's best to try submitting a bug report, because I've never seen this happen before.

Kind of funny, as Duplicating entire folders+content is one of the workflow feature I so wish GMS had!
Definitely not normal, I'd try clearing cache, restarting machine, and if all else fails, reinstall GMS.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
theirs a glitch that I believe yoyo still has not fixed!

where when you duplicate a asset
it duplicates a .yy file of the asset youve duped even though its a new asset

thus upon loading you have glitched duplicated assets that refer to diffrent assets

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Is your project in a OneDrive or Dropbox directory? If it is, move it out of there, and don't put any more working copies of GMS 2 projects there.