Rich Text Document Taking Long To Open In WordPad Windows 10

Hey so I been noticing that my WordPad documents have been taking unreasonably longer to open and they aren't even large files. I'm talking sub 30 Kb files, not even with images or anything besides text. My system always loaded them fast but it's been a recent change.

My PC Specs:
3900X OC 4.3ghz (sub 80C under my usual loads of games/renders);
X570 Asus Strix-I Gaming mITX with a Silverstone 700watt SFX-L PSU;
2x16gb DDR4 3600 C18 OC RAM;
2tb Sabrent Rocket PCIE 3.0 M.2 SSD Boot Drive with Windows 10 Pro on the First M.2 Slot (this is were Wordpad and my files are also saved at);
RTX 2080 No-OC;

I would assume my rig is not the issue if everything else performs correctly.

I already tried reinstall Windows and even the WordPad program. No change.

Last edited:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I've never had that issue before(never use Wordpad). I would suggest however that you try just for kicks, put the file somewhere else, and see what happens. Make a new RTF file and see what happens. I know RTF syntax has more than just literal text...maybe copy a file piece by piece to a new file and see if at some sudden point it decides to go slow again(assuming an empty RTF file is nice and fast).

Basically, do basic troubleshooting skills, swapping things around, figuring out what changed between slow and fast. I can't guarantee a solution but if there is one, that is likely going to lead you to it.

I've never had that issue before(never use Wordpad). I would suggest however that you try just for kicks, put the file somewhere else, and see what happens. Make a new RTF file and see what happens. I know RTF syntax has more than just literal text...maybe copy a file piece by piece to a new file and see if at some sudden point it decides to go slow again(assuming an empty RTF file is nice and fast).

Basically, do basic troubleshooting skills, swapping things around, figuring out what changed between slow and fast. I can't guarantee a solution but if there is one, that is likely going to lead you to it.
Yeah I did this but didn't specify turns out it just doesn't want to run quickly anymore from any obvious standpoint. So I'll use notepad for now.