Rhythm of War

Sammi3

Download

Rhythm of War is an Action Platformer demo I made to learn how to develop a rhythm game. Shoot, slash and dash past your enemies.Shooting is tied to the rhythm of the game. The more on beat you are when you shoot, the more accurate the aim. Enemies move to the rhythm of the beat. Sneak past them or avoid there attacks by timing your movements to the rhythm.

Music by:
Finn O`Corrain

The character sprites are altered from Zack Bell's platformer demo as I'm just a programmer but if anyone cares to chip in, I'd appreciate it. There's definitely a lot of improvements to be made but tell me what you think. And if you'd like to team up, drop me a PM and we can work on this together :)

Download

Sammi3

The enemy and player are the same sprite?

Looks interesting
In hindsight, should've at least changed the enemy colour. I'm terrible at art. Started taking my time to learn but nowhere near the point I can make animated character sprites on my own

M

mkyprice

I really like the red on black you went with! My one complaint would be the blue stamina bar which (in terms of color) looks a bit out of place. Other than that I think it's a quite beautiful, simplistic art style!

Toque

In hindsight, should've at least changed the enemy colour. I'm terrible at art. Started taking my time to learn but nowhere near the point I can make animated character sprites on my own
Changing colour would of worked fine.

R

Red Phantom

A rhythm game, nice concept.
I ran through your game about 7 times and couldn't seem to get past the spikes.
I agree that the enemies should look different to the player, at least make them a different colour or colour invert them.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Red Phantom

Congratulations, your game got chosen for a video review.