Rhythm of War

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Sammi3, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sammi3

Sammi3 Member

[​IMG]

Download

Rhythm of War is an Action Platformer demo I made to learn how to develop a rhythm game. Shoot, slash and dash past your enemies.Shooting is tied to the rhythm of the game. The more on beat you are when you shoot, the more accurate the aim. Enemies move to the rhythm of the beat. Sneak past them or avoid there attacks by timing your movements to the rhythm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Music by:
    Finn O`Corrain

The character sprites are altered from Zack Bell's platformer demo as I'm just a programmer but if anyone cares to chip in, I'd appreciate it. There's definitely a lot of improvements to be made but tell me what you think. And if you'd like to team up, drop me a PM and we can work on this together :)

Download

2. Toque

Toque Member

The enemy and player are the same sprite?

Looks interesting

Sammi3 likes this.
  3. Sammi3

Sammi3 Member

In hindsight, should've at least changed the enemy colour. I'm terrible at art. Started taking my time to learn but nowhere near the point I can make animated character sprites on my own

4. mkyprice

mkyprice Member

I really like the red on black you went with! My one complaint would be the blue stamina bar which (in terms of color) looks a bit out of place. Other than that I think it's a quite beautiful, simplistic art style!

Sammi3 likes this.
  5. Toque

Toque Member

Changing colour would of worked fine.

Sammi3 likes this.