1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Rhythm Game Help

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Ben Zigdon, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Ben Zigdon

Ben Zigdon Member

I'm trying to make a rhythm game similar to DDR. Left, Right, Up, and Down arrows move across the screen to meet a sensor, and then the player has to press the correct arrow at the correct time. Individual notes work fine, but I want to make it so that if there are two notes coming at the exact same time the player has to hit both arrows at the same time. I am open to any type of solution for this. Thanks in advance

2. trentallain

trentallain Member

Try this https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/finding-a-character-within-a-string.39911/
    Also don't make it literally the same time otherwise the player will have a hard time.
    What you would do is spawn the arrows in using that method. In their create event make them move down, and then in a step event check if the player clicks it. If they are on the line, all g remove the arrow, else take away score or something. If they move off the screen before the player clicks it (or past the line even), remove the arrow and remove score.

This is just an example, I don't know exactly how you want it.