• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request [Revenue-Share] - Searching Team Members for an Project

A

APSep

Good Day / Evening
My Name is Fabian P. Before i start, i apologize for any misspelling or bad Syntax/Pronunciation since English is not my native Language but i try my best to explain everything correctly.
I am searching some Team Members for a project, an Videogame Project to be exactly. Mainly Coding and Art.

The Story
To make it short i concepted out an complete ARPG game i want to create, everyone has ideas and ideas are often seen as cheap and able to made by everyone. That and duo to my Personal Character i wanted to create the Videogame i had in mind and giving it some life all by my own. Over the last Couple Months i tried to accomplish that with strengthen and trying to improve my skills in all the areas that was needed for that. But my Limits are pretty much hit i guess im more an Producer/Game Designer as anything else, i will not grab sympathy or anything like that but i hadnt much luck in my life yet and duo to my Health, some specific bad people and financial Issues/Problems right now is this here currently my only Chance, option or Hope how you want see it to fix them. I just want to be as Honest as possible with you, so you can see that im serious and not joking around right now.
Because of the Circumstances from an old Humble Bundle and information gathering i tried to bring the project alive with the Game Engine : Gamemaker Studio 1.4 . But right now im on my limits and walls i hit doing this alone the pressure just gets to big in different ways.. So i Decided to try to find some Team Members smarter and more skilled people then me to make this project with me alive.

Requirements
At all there are no special conditions rather then having the Willpower and Motivation and for sure some skill in the area you want to go in. I Have only basic coding knowledge and a bit decent Art skills, Emergency case i can still make some Music or soundeffects probably.

For Coding : Beside the classic known stuff for an ARPG i also have probably some advanced and harder stuff to do and planned depending on your skill.

For Art : Will probably depend on the Artist, but the Main focus was a Dark Comic-like look aka Dont Starve or Darkest Dungeon styled look what changed with my own artsyle being more Cartoony styled duo to my limited skill. But in the end it depends on the Artist later on.

Game is made in GM1.4 currently.

Paying Out
Probably the Question you asked urself first will this Pay Out or Getting Payed. The Focus is to bring the game into Steam later on and probably going early access before that. As i mention it in the Story duo to Financial Issues and problems i try to fix with this project and so want to stomp this project out of nothing. Wont there any Payment from my own pocket for now, however any Profit that this Project will get from any source will be divided up by the members like an Revenue-Share and depending on how the project runs changing into a fixed payment afterwards. So be aware of that when you want joining the project.

Last Words
I use all my left over energy and chances to bring this project alive at the moment. So if you are interested and want help out with it, improving your skills or just making a little hobby project with some paying out later on dont be afraid to send me an request and going into more detail with it.

Positions
- Programmer = OverLogic
- Artist = (Me for now)

Best Regards Fabian P.
You can contact me in different ways

Steam : セフィロス
E-mail : [email protected]
Discord Name : セフィロス#2197
Discord Server : discordapp.com/invite/BqZ3pu2

Last edited by a moderator:
A

APSep

OverLogic filled the Position of the Programmer. Since no Artist did Response yet i will be the Artist for now until may some better Artist do response ^^

Best Regards.

A

APSep

Do you Need a Composer?
I would like to make the Music for your game :)
Currently not, at this point there is no need for Music yet. But Thanks for the Interest =)

Best Regards.

JeffJ

I read through your OP, and I can't help but wonder...

1: You won't be bringing any coding skills to the table
2: You won't be bringing any art, music, sound or other asset talent to the table either
3: You can't guarantee any sort of payment other than revenue share (based on zero market analysis) and even then, "may go into fixed payment"
4: You say yourself that ideas are often viewed as cheap and something everyone can come up with

So I'm struggling to see, from the perspective as someone who has the skills you may need in either area, what would be the reason to join? If say a coder has the ability to make his/her own game, why would he or she want to share revenue with you based on your idea when you aren't bringing anything to the table? I mean this as a genuine question - what would be their reason? Sell me. Because I'm struggling to see any reason at all. Is it that your idea is just so good that it's worth handing over revenue share for hard work with nothing but an idea in return? And if so, why shouldn't someone make that idea on their own? What, other than said idea do you provide that they can't make the game without?

I don't mean to come off as rude, but whenever I see something like this, I genuinely wonder.

A

APSep

I read through your OP, and I can't help but wonder...

2: You won't be bringing any art, music, sound or other asset talent to the table either
3: You can't guarantee any sort of payment other than revenue share (based on zero market analysis) and even then, "may go into fixed payment"
4: You say yourself that ideas are often viewed as cheap and something everyone can come up with

So I'm struggling to see, from the perspective as someone who has the skills you may need in either area, what would be the reason to join? If say a coder has the ability to make his/her own game, why would he or she want to share revenue with you based on your idea when you aren't bringing anything to the table? I mean this as a genuine question - what would be their reason? Sell me. Because I'm struggling to see any reason at all. Is it that your idea is just so good that it's worth handing over revenue share for hard work with nothing but an idea in return? And if so, why shouldn't someone make that idea on their own? What, other than said idea do you provide that they can't make the game without?

I don't mean to come off as rude, but whenever I see something like this, I genuinely wonder.
That isnt rude at all and a legitimate Question, and you are correct beside unexperience in Art and Coding and Composing i dont bring anything else then the Idea. Thats why i stated that ideas often seen as cheap and something people wouldnt jump into something like a Revenue-Share Project with that Profile described here. Original i did just working on doing this hobby sideway practice, learning and all kind of stuff thats needed for such work as a Hobby mainly. But as mention duo to the issues and events happening in my life currently i am mostly forced and this being my last Bastion to make something with this before it just gets even worse ^^.

On a neutral perspective you could say that this is for any member beside me an Hobby project with some profit outcome in the end, and shouldnt be seen as a Job offer.
The reason to join such Project is hard to answer actually since some factors to take place here, but overall you can say that the decision to show interest in it and offer help is each to their own. That said searching help is the main reason mostly, since with my limited skill´s and pressure in different areas i asking for help since i dont have other options at this point. You can trust me when i say that it is really hard to ask me like this not only because i cant offer much from my side but i hate when i ask people to work or help with me without giving something back thats why i took the Revenue-Sharing in place. But i do also being Humanity enough to pay any extra fee or fixed payment when the project is running, as thanks for the people giving an unexperienced project like this a chance.
Otherwise there wasnt anything else behind this and im fully aware that this totally sound unattractive for alot of people and i can understand this so there is no need to feel sorry question it more indepth here.

Regardless i am currently the Artist and OverLogic took part as programmer, it is not that i dont bring anything into the project except the idea actually rather then basic knowledge that is far from what needed, but when there is a chance i always try my best and to improve + educated when i can.

Best Regards.

OverLogic

I know that he won't put much except the idea which he had in depth and it is actually good...but i'm willing to help and i have enough years of experience and i can offer help on marketing as well the project just needs an artist also as an experienced programmer i've learned over the years that sometimes doing free jobs even if the revenue is nothing gives me experience and the opportunity to meet more people.