• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

revamping a dead thing...

shandor

Biome Day v 4 by leon sandstone (itch.io)

yes, it exists, but I want to say, it needs remade... it used some nice things, but honestly, I have a better way of doing it now...

I shall remake this one soon...

But you know, I have duties to a team, we're making a 2d dungeon thing, it confuses me. I'm just the artist on it,

this is my art style now, off to code a dream :)
I have a base for a world already...
I drew nothing for it yet, the grass is just liney because I was experimenting... I doubt anyone likes it ;)

2021-12-09 (9).png

The purpose is to
  1. Survive
  2. Observe
  3. Terraform
  4. Continue your duties to beyond...

The base premise, is you are a Druid of a terraforming company. You are astray on a dying planet.

case in point, you can recreate the world in this game.

why do any of you act like assholes to another, when you know not the suffering of anyone.

This is the original final build of the game...

2 years ago

----------------------------
UPDATE :)

Attachments

Last edited:

KurtBlissZ

I think you should edit your main topic with a current build, what you have shared is over 2 years out of date. Then after editing in a current build, give a summary, controls, and little YouTube clip of the gameplay. Also should make it so you can resize your window, maybe start it in fullscreen with a button to toggle it on the tiled screen. (Though alt+enter on windows works) It just makes it a tad more user friendly...

shandor

I think you should edit your main topic with a current build, what you have shared is over 2 years out of date. Then after editing in a current build, give a summary, controls, and little YouTube clip of the gameplay. Also should make it so you can resize your window, maybe start it in fullscreen with a button to toggle it on the tiled screen. (Though alt+enter on windows works) It just makes it a tad more user friendly...
Thanks @KurtBlissZ

shandor

happy holidays everyone, merry christmas :)

taking the holidays to author a word processor ;) https://github.com/idg32/app

in ruby please, thank you. only because much of the data I need already exists for it there. making a data repository like a dictionary is possible in gml, but nooooooo :D
screenshot_plus_pallet_of_app.png
I've sourced much of the libraries I will need for this. but basically, it will be publicly available at a low cost, for a modular/portable word processor with the ability to export to fit dialogue system needs in games. The authors on the team were wanting some tool to make their work and integration with the programmers easier ;) <3

giving myself two weeks, by then the team is set to continue work on the game, if they aren't already doing so, as some are.

shandor

we have now added perline noise... it's exceptionally compatible with my rng and bnc for injecting height map data.

We're working towards cell gen next, for use of say plants and animalea spawning.

We now have 3 dedicated programmers on board, 2 and sometimes a 3 dedicated artist. We're moving towards 3d rendered for artwork.

it's a slow process, but we are getting there...

shandor

new OST heading to the game
This one from a legend I've known a few years (to me and his associates)

cheers all

licensing under privilege to use and retain rights under our title, and distribution through our game, not to be sold as an asset.