• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request [REV-SHARE]MAIVEOS needs programmer and music

D

Deleted member 16767

I'm just curious if there are anyone interested in making this happen.

The End Goal for MAIVEOS
Runner World is a game about reaching the top of the highscore table. You can play dungeons solo or with other players.
Dungeons in this game
During the five runs, you get gold from running and collecting coins. With these coins you can buy temporary pvp items that enables you to run faster, jump higher or do better damage to enemies.
There are different item categories. Boots, Chest and Weapons. Want wings that levitate yourself for a few seconds? Buy wings from the chest category. Or do you want a timed boost buff from your boots?
PvP
Racing Mode
The Dungeoneer

Features a racing pvp mode on who is the best player of the 4 FFA players participating.

The Runner
When you enter a PvP match. You are coupled with 3 other players against 4 players. You run through the dungeon five times and when you reach the goal you wait for your friends. The highscore is shared with the team so if you are a really good platformer and the others are not, the other team might win the game.
PvE in this game
You run dungeons on a timer and defeat the boss of that dungeon. You get a loot box when the dungeon ends.

We need

Artist - similiar style to the art shown in the videos
Programmer - skilled in platforming/flatforming, graphical programming and AI
Music/SFX Person - skilled in orchestral music

Version 0.10

Version 0.30

If you are able to make smooth walking like this (it must be in game), then please contact me at discord.

UPDATE 8/27:

Several things have changed. The art, the direction of the game and the game mechanics. It is currently a flatforming action adventure game, but things might change if I decide to make the characters 4-directional.

Note me or contact me on discord.

NEW ART DIRECTION FOR THE GAME

Discord
murg#9604

About me

Knowledge.
I have been a part of the game developing community on and off for ten years. Developing my art skills, patience and passion for it took this amount of time. And I'm not finished yet.

I offer a simplistic pixel style.
With this simplistic art setup you can easily focus on programming features without worrying about a lot of pixels interfering.

My art. Your code. Your game.
Your game can be made to many different things. You can build classes from the characters or make them enemies on the fields.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Victor Wolf

When you say funky rock do you mean instrumentation or style? I make funk/rock influenced music but it's all electronic.

P

PurpleFreezer

If you still need music, you should contact me @PurpleFreezer. My prices are good and I've been really strict on my quality recently.

D

Deleted member 16767

If you still need music, you should contact me @PurpleFreezer. My prices are good and I've been really strict on my quality recently.
I am looking for a team, not offering payment.

This is where I need help regarding level design. I need platforms (which I have drawn) where the player can jump on. And I also need AI characters.

1. The collision transparent squares for the platforms are done.
  2. The health is done.
  3. The gun ammo and reload is done.
  4. The bullet collision is done.

The AI characters need some work. And this is where I, the artist, wants to sit down and talk to you about. I have a mage with spell projectiles. This is where you come in and decide how big the spell will be in the editor and how fast it will travel. So far, it has been done by another programmer. The level design is not done so I am not sure if it works. It's very hard mode at the moment.

I also have a slime spell and a few other creatures. Like a charging wolf and an exploding spiderling. Nightwolf_1.gif

And critters will be in the game too, such as seagulls and crows. Crow_Flying_Sample.gif

Skärmklipp 2017-06-11 01.14.09.png

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PurpleFreezer

I am looking for a team, not offering payment.

This is where I need help regarding level design. I need platforms (which I have drawn) where the player can jump on. And I also need AI characters.

1. The collision transparent squares for the platforms are done.
  2. The health is done.
  3. The gun ammo and reload is done.
  4. The bullet collision is done.

The AI characters need some work. And this is where I, the artist, wants to sit down and talk to you about. I have a mage with spell projectiles. This is where you come in and decide how big the spell will be in the editor and how fast it will travel. So far, it has been done by another programmer. The level design is not done so I am not sure if it works. It's very hard mode at the moment.

I also have a slime spell and a few other creatures. Like a charging wolf and an exploding spiderling. View attachment 10528

And critters will be in the game too, such as seagulls and crows. View attachment 10533

View attachment 10527
Sorry for the late reply, I'm more responsive through twitter or skype or anything that gives me mobile notifications. I'd be glad to help because I actually enjoy brainstorming this kind of thing a lot. Please reply to my twitter, PurpleFreezer, and we can work on whatever's left.

D

Deleted member 16767

Hello. I am back again and I have changed some of the art to this:

I also have an indiegogo campaign here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/maiveos-the-mask-of-acknowledge-story-world/x/15342128#/

I am looking for programmers. I have a huge stock of art waiting to be added. The direction of the game has been completely changed to flatformer. And the multiplayer part has been rethought but still remain quite the same. It will feature a racing pvp mode on who is the best player of the 4 players participating.

M

Master Maker

Are you still looking for a programmer? I am not skilled at networking, but I am excellent at AI. I am also good for you in-game shop stuff.