• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Retro Chaos -- Sonic Game Engine Video Vlog/Progress series

R

rob2d

Hi all,

So I have been using Game Maker Studio 2 for about 3 weeks now, and am currently working on a new game engine (technically not a game engine -- just a system of course) in 2D for retro style platforming beginning with Sonic the Hedgehog physics.

Along with that, I thought it would be a great idea to video vlog my progress and try to make it as entertaining as possible within reasonable time frame to still find time to work on the game itself. If people enjoy these sort of things and there's any kind of audience, then I thought it would also be very fun and interesting to go more into the mechanics once more of this system is built out.

So if you are interested, please feel free to check it out and please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

Honestly I was never a sonic fan. But damn that’s amazing mechanics if it plays as good as it looks.