• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android restore keystore info

Y

yakmoon

Hi,
I accidentally pressed on Restore defaults in Platform settings for Android. and all the info in the keystore section were reset.
I have the keystore file, but it's useless without the passwords and alias.
my question is: is there any way to recover these informations from the keystore file?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Keystores are designed so that it's infeasible to recover the password from them. That's part of the point of a keystore.

When there's a warning at the bottom of the window saying this:
IMPORTANT! Backup keystore files and info above!
If lost, you cannot submit app updates to Google Play or Amazon
YoYo means it. Take the lesson and keep multiple copies of the keystore and the credentials that go with it as you were told.

There are some ways for trying to recover the password or get around a keystore for app submission:
But there is no guarantee of any of the above to work, given that keystores are designed to be resistant to these when used securely.