• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Resource Load Failures won't go away

F

FuzzyChain

I recently started using GameMaker studio 2 a few weeks ago and was starting to follow a platformer tutorial, as all newcomers do, but one day I opened up my project to a list of failed "view" resources. After closing the warning, I ran the game and everything worked fine. The main issue is the warnings never go away, and open whenever I open my damn project. And it's really annoying.

Is there a way to stop this?

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You can try going to the Layouts menu and selecting Reset Layout. This is an issue with the GMS2 windows layout file becoming corrupted somehow.

F

FuzzyChain

You can try going to the Layouts menu and selecting Reset Layout. This is an issue with the GMS2 windows layout file becoming corrupted somehow.
So I tried going to Layouts>Reset Layouts, rebooted GMS2, and it's still showing up with the error :/. Nothings broken, it's just really annoying.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay in that case you're going to have to edit the project files... So:

Make a backup of your project, then open <yourprojectname>.yyp inside a code editor (or even Notepad). Now search for each of the missing views, checking the "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>" values. You'll likely find something like:

Code:
{
    "Key": "6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>",
    "Value": {
        "id": "1c18f<another long string of hexadecimals>",
        "resourcePath": "views\\6efe6<long string of hexadecimals>.yy",
        "resourceType": "GMFolder"
    }
},
Now you can remove this from the file, but:

1. Make sure you have a backup first! I know I mentioned this already but it's important!

2. When editing, pay attention to the comma at the end, and ensure the commas are all correct after removal

3. verify the JSON is still valid in the file after deleting the entries and saving using any webtool.

After this, you can open your project and you should get no errors. Note though that things like this means that you may have deleted a whole view from your project's resource tree, so have good look at all your assets and groups, to see if everything is still there and well organized.