1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE Resource Load Failures Encountered...

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Christopher Rosa, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

Yea dot dot dot is right i'd be confused too. Whats going on? How do i fix it. Nobody seems to know. I ask you, the community to help me out. upload_2019-1-18_2-49-33.png

Attached Files:

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Go to the Layout menu and select "Reset Layout". Iirc, this error is related to the workspace views being corrupted.

3. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

it didnt work.

i hit reset layout then saved then opened the project again and it still shows it.

do i have to save the layout after resetting it?

well i tried saving the layout after resetting it and that didnt work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
  4. Seabass (The Human)

Seabass (The Human) Member

If you have any folders or resources named "Default" or "default" make sure to change their name. That tends to cause issues.

5. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

upload_2019-1-18_4-52-5.png

to the left of views it says default should i change that? if so how

it doesnt let me rename the Default view but if i add another one it lets me..............im so confused.

it says new IDE over here idk what that does.
    upload_2019-1-18_4-56-53.png

MOD EDIT: I have merged at least 6 posts of yours together now... PLEASE use the "Edit" button to add more information to your last post if noone else has replied in the meantime. Posting twice or more in succession within 48 hours of your last post is considered against the forum rules.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
  6. Seabass (The Human)

I said resources or folders. The workspace is not a resource or a folder. I'm referring to resources/folders in your resource tree.

7. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

Configurations says default, plus how would i fix this error from popping up every time i open the project. I guess not having anything named default would stop it from occurring but it has already occurred. upload_2019-1-18_6-2-39.png

8. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

and nothing in my resources says default if you're referring to sprites,scripts,objects, ect.

9. Seabass (The Human)

That is all I was referring to. If that's not it, you may need to file this as a bug with YYG.

10. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

yea it would be nice, but yoyogames for what ever reason seen my message on facebook, but wont answer, and removed me on discord.......nice. who names anything in there game default?

11. Seabass (The Human)

Um, that's not how you file bugs. You go here: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us#select

12. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Member

Yoyogames doesn't have a discord channel, as far as I know.

13. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

i sent a bug report who knows if they're going to see it probably not. i dont think they care tbh.

14. Seabass (The Human)

They reply to bug reports. Mine get answered pretty quickly. Ya'll got a negative attitude.

rIKmAN likes this.
  15. Christopher Rosa

Christopher Rosa Member

Well maybe i do. is it my fault that i opened gamemaker 1.4 one day and my whole project was gone for no reason because of how buggy gamemaker is. i literally lost all my sprites in one project. so i get gamemaker 2 and now its glitching out for no reason.im just trying to make my game but the program always has a problem. if theyre too busy to help me fix the bug then they should be "busy" fixing gamemaker.

of course im going to be negative. i post this on the yoyo discord and they delete me off their discord.

and i dont even know why you keep replying you dont even know how to fix the issue but youre talking about my attitude how about you get lost then you're not helping.

upload_2019-1-19_0-20-40.png

this program is literal garbage

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  16. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

I don't know which discord you've joined, but it wasn't theirs as they have NO OFFICIAL DISCORD CHANNEL, as you've already been told.

So, someone takes the time to try and hep you and this is how you respond. Nice!

Well now, the first bug you have reported about the resource load issues is not really an issue for your game at all, and you can simply close the error window and keep on working. It will not affect the game you are making and you can still work and stuff as normal. As for the fatal exception, this happens in ANY program and can be caused by multiple things, not all of them related to the program itself. I get exceptions at least once a month from Photoshop and Word also has a tendency to crash every now and again, as does my Vegas video editing software! While I agree that 1.4 had multiple issues, GMS2 is actually very stable and it's just unfortunate that you have encountered these two things in the same space of time.

Btw, I've merged your FOUR posts into one, like I have done multiple times throughout this topic... So, I'll say this one more time. DO NOT post multiple times in a row. If you post and then have something else to say before anyone else has posted in the topic, USE THE EDIT BUTTON. The forum rules clearly state that shouldn't bump a topic more than once every 48 hours.

Since you say you have filed a bug, I'm going to close this topic, as this can probably only be resolved by YoYo Games, and given your attitude towards those that have tried to help and your disregard for the forum rules I don't think there's much more that we on the forums can do to help you.

rIKmAN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.