• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Resource load failures encountered...

C

Cyranh

I just booted up my project after a while not using GameMaker and encountered this. Now my GUI doesnt seem to be responding to window size changes anymore... Does anyone know how to fix this?
upload_2018-8-12_17-48-2.png

M

MarceloP

Hello @Cyranh,

There are somewhat related posts here and here.
There we explain how to delete keys in the project that shouldn't be there.

NOTE: Be careful when messing with those keys and try to always backup your project before doing so.

----- Edited -----
OK, I let myself get carried by the picture, and didn't read your "Window size changes".
In any case, those 2 posts may help you with those view errors

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyranh

Turned out there was no relation between the errors and the UI bug. But thanks to both of you I managed to fix both! :)

Hello @Cyranh,

There are somewhat related posts here and here.
There we explain how to delete keys in the project that shouldn't be there.

NOTE: Be careful when messing with those keys and try to always backup your project before doing so.

----- Edited -----
OK, I let myself get carried by the picture, and didn't read your "Window size changes".
In any case, those 2 posts may help you with those view errors
Thank you very much that got rid of all the errors :)

http://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime.html
See the section on "Changed the default size of the GUI layer"
That did the job, as stated om the release notes, adding the below fixed my problem:
Code:
var pos = application_get_position();
display_set_gui_maximise(1, 1, pos[0], pos[1]);

I noticed messing with source controls can cause this aswell or anything for that matter that can change resource file to the master yyg file

M

MarceloP

Exactly @studio furukawa,

In fact I faced it myself exactly because of that. Before this update you'd have those problems and things would only go missing, now it warns you about inconsistencies on the JSON through the IDE. That's not that bad, but people have been warning Yoyo about this and source controls for almost a year now, and yet we had no good answers or effective solutions from my perspective. They really should only change to a folder system and save the specific stuff inside the project file or something like that. Many solutions have been proposed, but we haven't heard from Yoyo about this topic yet.

In any case, good to know that this helps a bit in those cases.