Resource load failure and resource are malformed

Discussion in 'Programming' started by urogodofevil, Jul 22, 2019.

1. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member

Hello so the issue is one day i was working on my game and didn't save the latest object yet suddenly the power was off for a second (i don't know why the power was off) and when the power comeback my computer open window by itself and when i come and check back all of my resource is fine and the new one that i didn't save still there but then the warning pop up and say WARNING and the thing you see below so i was just and newbie who just wanna study and learning making game but when i find this i don't know how to fix please help me fix my problem to continue doing my project game and continue study and learning if you need more information to help fix my problem i can help you .
    THANK YOU.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Strahl

Phil Strahl Member

As far as I know, the YY-files in the "views" folder are files holding information on all folders and resources you created, all the sprites, objects, scripts, rooms, etc. Each of those "views" is referenced (and references) UUIDs (= the long strings of numbers and letters e.g. 897a00c9-0b79-49cb-9582-aa8cbcfb504d) in the main project file, that is the one with the .yyp extension.

3. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member

Hello Phil strahl thank for reply do you know how to fix it if you know please tell me step by step if you need more information I can give you

4. Phil Strahl

Phil Strahl Member

I'll try. What's the exact error message you get. In the screenshot the text is cut off around "invalid"

5. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member

alright you mean this one [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Phil Strahl

Phil Strahl Member

Ah, okay. If you send me your project (the .yyp-project file) and the "views" folder I could try and see if I can fix it.

7. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member

ummm phil strahl i already drag the file view and project.yyp to the reply but it seem can't work can you tell me how to do this ?

8. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Put them into a zip file (or rar/7zip etc) and then upload that to a free file host and post the link either here or via PM to Phil.

9. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member

here you go and thank you rlkman if you can , can you also help with my issue too it will be great help thank.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  10. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

No, you need to upload it to a file hosting site like DropBox or Mediafire.

11. urogodofevil

urogodofevil Member