• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Resource files in old version GameMaker

K

kennn

Hi,

I still have GameMaker 8.1 and I have a question about GameMaker 8.1. Resource files mean the sound files, the sprite files and the background graphic files. These resource files are in the Sound folder, Sprite folder and Background folder of GameMaker 8.1. Can I use these resource files in my games and sell my games later? Thanks. ( I never sell game and therefore I ask this question.)

Several older versions of GM are also on my hard disk. (For example, GM 7.0, GM 5.3a, GM 3.3, etc.) There are also resource files in these older versions of GM. Can I use the resource files of these older versions of GM in my games and sell my games later? Thanks again.

Weird Dragon

Wizard
GMC Elder
Look at the license text under the section called FURTHER REMARKS. There will be something like this:
This license does not apply to the sprites,
backgrounds, or sounds provided. These are
not part of the program, but were taken
from freeware collection and were provided
for your convenience.
So you can see that those resources are freeware.

Last edited:
K

kennn

Look at the license text under the section called FURTHER REMARKS. There will be something like this:

So you can see that those resources are freeware.

Hi, thanks a lot.

That's very good because I will not need to buy resources to make my commercial games.