• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[RESOLVED] It seems my Project was corrupted

Stoic

Hello ladies and gents!

I swapped my D: drive, an HDD to a second SSD recently, and before doing so I moved my two most developed projects onto a memory stick. I didn't need anything on the old drive, as most of my important programs were saved on my C: drive, a small SSD.
(including my Gamemaker Studio 2 installation).

However, after copying my Project back to my new D: drive, it has come out looking like this...

Rather than what it looked like before the SSD installation:

As you can see, the texture page seems to be appearing over my game, and in addition, all my my menu buttons are grey boxes in place of the sprites they should be. Example:

In addition, the parallax background (stars etc) is missing.

I've checked over all the sprites and the code, and there's no issues with them. The project worked fine before I put it on the USB, but it seems it was corrupted in the transfer.

If anyone has encountered this issue, and/or has any suggestions for me, I'd greatly appreciate any response!

Thanks GMC!

Attachments

Reactions: Mut

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I don't know if it seems to be useful, but what if you try to "save the project as" and save it in another folder? You can also try to clear the project cache...

Reactions: Mut