• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [Resolved] Google Play is asking for a key from Android Studio. Is the keystore the same thing?

T

Toolkitz

Before I published this post, I thought about if this is the right place to post it, but I can't determined if this post belongs in the others. I figured this post talks about a single technical aspect of GM so I figured it's best to post it here. If not, then feel free to move it to a more appropriate board.

It appears that Google is now demanding that you upload games over 100mb as an App Bundle, so I went through this entire guide to make an .aab file:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...ate-An-App-Bundle-For-Google-Play-Submissions

And yet still, it is not enough. I'm about to finally upload my game but I am stopped here:

dete.jpg

At first I thought they wanted me to upload my keystore file, the one you can generate and export from Preference > Platform Settings > Android. Well apparently it will not accept that. I looked around and turns out there are different kinds of keys as explained here: https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing.html#release-mode

So can GameMaker create the necessary file that Google is asking me for? There is an entire tutorial for making an Android App Bundle but nothing about the necessary key file. Google says to get it from Android Studio but since I made this game in GameMaker, I don't think that's an option.

pipebkOT

@Toolkitz
you can use the keytool in the jdk folder to create the key needed.

there are some tutorials in other websites of how to use the keytool to create the file, search for that

T

Toolkitz

I found the keytool.exe file and can use command to generate it, but I am still having trouble with it.

Unfortunately, this is beyond GMS so I will have to search for the right solution somewhere else, but thank you for the help.