• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows RESOLVED: FAILED: Run Program Complete?

M

MadTinkerer

I was almost ready to submit my game for the GMTK Jam two days ago, when I ran into a problem I couldn't fix. I still have no idea what the actual problem is, except that GMS2 consistently gives me the same output message (No compiler errors!?!) when I try to run or compile my game and it doesn't seem to be a problem with any of my other projects.

Oh, and after a few minutes Windows asks me if I want to search for solutions to the problem. No thank you, Windows, Microsoft don't know and probably don't care about my silly little jam game.

Here's a link to download the source(probably won't compile): Shoot Crate

This is what I get when I try to run the game:

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.4210241s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 09/04/2018 15:55:52
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0780045s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 09/04/2018 15:55:53
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.5.246"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0620036s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.5.246" started at 09/04/2018 15:55:53
Saving project to: C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate\Shoot Crate.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.5.246/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD\macros.json
Options: X:/bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\mad_tinkerer2_282181\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD\targetoptions.json
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Shoot Crate" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD" /zpuf="C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\mad_tinkerer2_282181" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate\Shoot Crate.yyp" /preprocess="Z:/Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD"
Reading project file....C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Release build
OptionsIni
Options: Z:/Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD\PlatformOptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c ""X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Shoot Crate" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD" /zpuf="C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\mad_tinkerer2_282181" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate\Shoot Crate.yyp" /bt=run"
Reading project file....C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'C:\Users\HP\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Shoot Crate\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Looking for particle images in X:\bin\\ParticleImages
Saving IFF file... Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM\Shoot Crate.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=30
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1478.0846
Stats : GMA : sp=14,au=3,bk=1,pt=0,sc=4,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=6,ro=5,da=0,ex=0,ma=5,fm=0xA30468E80020

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete.
[Run] Run game
Options: Z:/Shoot Crat_E44FCEFE_C4E045CD\MainOptions.json
X://windows/Runner.exe -game "Y:/Shoot Crate_3B9473AA_VM\Shoot Crate.win"
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
DirectX11: Using hardware device
Total memory used = 5814033(0x0058b711) bytes
Pause event has been registered for this frame
Pause event has been unregistered

X://windows/Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)
elapsed time 00:01:18.0924667s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.5.246/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 09/04/2018 15:55:53
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:02.1171210s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 09/04/2018 15:57:11
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0580033s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 09/04/2018 15:57:13
"cmd" /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1430082s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 09/04/2018 15:57:13
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MadTinkerer

All right, I finally figured it out. It wasn't a tech support issue, but a copy-paste error.

The game was infinitely room_goto-ing between the "intermission" room and the main level room and not even going to the title room because I accidentally put the check for going to the intermission room in the main part of obj_Interface's Step event instead of inside "if room == rm_Main". Since the delay was not actually being set, room_goto just kept doing it's thing over and over again without the main game window even appearing until GMS2 finally figured out the game was stuck in a loop and exited.

Not at all what I intended, but the code itself was 100% logically sound, so no error message. :confused:

Anyway, now I finally get to finish up the last couple things I wanted to add, even though the jam is long over...:(

Last edited by a moderator: