• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Resolved: Does the upgrade to GMS 2 from Trial on YYG automatically upgrade it on Steam?

D

David Montgomery-Blake

Okay, I've searched through a number of the Steam questions, but did not see this one. Forgive me if I missed it in the flow and search.

I have downloaded the trial version of GMS 2 from YYG. I also connected my Steam account and pushed all of my YYG purchases there so that I had a single location to go and use my products. The problem with this is now, on Steam, I "own" GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop even though it is a trial version. So it will not let me purchase it a second time on Steam.

Since I want the discount, I need to purchase it before April 8th. But I'm worried that if I purchase it on YYG, Steam will not update correctly to the paid version because it thinks I already own it.

Has anyone else gone through this process and can confirm that it will automatically update on Steam to a full Desktop license?

D

David Montgomery-Blake

And now it appears that I cannot upgrade here, either.

This is strange, though. I have a steam receipt but it does not show in my Steam purchases.

EDIT: Nevermind. It appears that the Steam transaction that errored out and triggered my weirdness went though. It just took several days. So, now I hope that I can build for all Desktop platforms!

Last edited by a moderator: