• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [Resolved] Build/Run not working - GMS 2 Android

J

JonhJonh

I cannot build or run any games whith GMS 2 for Android. I spend the last 2 days trying everything i was able to find on forums and internet.

I need to make it work for my next profesionnal project, so if someone can take time to help me figure it out ! Thx.

The output :
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'K:\com.company.game\build.gradle' line: 19

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':com.company.game'.
> Cannot get property '' on null object

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.414 secs

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (1)
C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe /d K:

C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
System.Exception: Build Failed
à ..(Dictionary`2 , String , String , Boolean )
à Igor.AndroidBuilder.Deploy(Boolean _exe)
à Igor.AndroidBuilder.Run()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:06.3174163s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Dupra\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Android Run started at 06/07/2017 02:07:51
FAILED: Run Program Complete

J

JonhJonh

Okay, problem solved !

This was simple : do not use " on your keystore password ! Two day for that thing... :/

If some of you got a gradle problem, you must go onto the runtime folder of gamemaker (for me it was : "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96") and make a search for the name of the file which is at the origin of the problem. Then, just find the problematic line (indicated on the output as well as the file path and name), and by watching the action the line is made for, you will figure it out the origin of the problem.

Hope, it will help people with same kind of error !

;)

M

Millionsknivez

hey I'm having a problem also but its a little different I'm wondering if oyu can use team viewer to check out what I did wrong??