• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Resizing swap chain error

N

Nyarlathotep

I recently decided to move my game that I've made entirely on my mac to windows so my pc friends could play it, but an issue I've run into is that every time I hit new game or continue game on the menu it gets stuck loading the next area, only showing a black screen, and when I check the output it's repeating "Resizing swap chain..." forever. Now I've gone through the rest of the output before that and nothing stood out as an error. Also, this may or may not be connected, but my controller also doesn't work on the menu. What might be causing these issues?

L

Lonewolff

Hard to say without any code to look at. Which I know is difficult in this case.

Could be a bug, could be an infinite loop somewhere.

I'd be throwing a bunch of debug messages in there. If you can get a message displaying over and over along with the swap chain message, then you will be pretty close to the source.

N

Nyarlathotep

I finally found that I had the code display_reset(0,true); in my game, to fix the V-sync related issues in the mac version, which was messing the game up for some reason