• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Resizing Rooms and Deleted Tiles.

D

danieldiggle

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but there's some major UI/UX issues in GM2 that are driving me nuts.

Firstly, when I change the size of a room, all the tiles outside of this new size are deleted - that's ok - but when I try to undo that action.... Nooooope... All tiles lost... No undo... Hope you saved a copy recently...

When UNDO does and DOESN'T function in GM2 (MAC) is so random it's maddening. It should be universal across 99% of actions. OR made clear via a dialog that "TILES WILL BE LOST IF YOU RESIZE THE ROOM".

Next up, please add in a MOVE tool for tiles and layers. Hacking that basic action by having to SELECT + CUT + PASTE, is not great.

And an extra point - If you are resizing the room - give us anchor options for the resize - same as you have with sprites.

Currently I'm trying to resize a hight room for some tests and I'm needing to select,cut,paste a lot of layers and its a nightmare.

Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong and all I've written is nonsense, but I've a feeling there's a lot of interactions that sorely need improvement. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Firstly, when I change the size of a room, all the tiles outside of this new size are deleted - that's ok - but when I try to undo that action.... Nooooope... All tiles lost... No undo... Hope you saved a copy recently...
Feel free to file this as a bug.... at the very least it should warn you if it's going to delete tiles that you can't undo.