• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Resize objects in room editor

A

anthropus

(this isnt "programming" but I didnt know where else to post this)

Hi all,

I used to be able to place an object in the room editor and resize objects (with the mouse) by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner of the box around the object, but now for some reason Im no longer able to do so. Resizing object in the room editor in this way seems "disabled" atm, but how?!

I even have some objects in my room that have been reszied in this exact way so I know Im not going crazy or I dreamed that I was able to do this.

Is there a button or something I have to click on to re-enable this ability to resize object with the mouse? Thanks.

*note: by restarting GM, I am able to again resize objects with the mouse, but I wanted to know if this is a glitch that requires restarting GM or is there something else

Could you still move them around? Or was only resizing disabled? There's two icons in the top tool bar that look like little padlocks. Clicking the closed one will "lock" all of your instances: they can't be moved they can't be resized, etc. Clicking the open lock next to it will re-enable all of that.

A

anthropus

Could you still move them around? Or was only resizing disabled? There's two icons in the top tool bar that look like little padlocks. Clicking the closed one will "lock" all of your instances: they can't be moved they can't be resized, etc. Clicking the open lock next to it will re-enable all of that.
hi, yes i was/am able to move the objects same as before, just not resize them

jobjorgos

In game maker studio 1.4 whenever you cant resize your objects in the room editior anymore, this can simply me solved by restarting GameMaker, then for me it does not longer give an error sign when trying to resize objects.

RangerX

The scale properties of the currently selected object appear's in the room's object tab.
This is where you will be able to scale the object by changing the values. Its not drap and drop anymore.

C

Cartoonicus

I've often found myself having selected the wrong Room Layer and that I'm trying to select something that's not part of the layer's properties.