• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion [REQUEST] Timelines advanced functions

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hi every one... timelines are incredibly useful and I wanted to know if it would be possible to add some feature functions to them.

a) Merge moments through GML code... for example if I add two GML scripts to moment 10 they get merged, just like they can be in the IDE (this would be awesome for creating tweening implementations ;)

b) Control timelines not from a moment (step) perspective but from a delta_time perspective...or even make it possible to select timelines_set_clock(steps/seconds) for example implementing delta time for timelines and let timelines use doubles as moment identifiers.

c) Timeline events... onrepeat, oncomplete

d) And also set the timeline execution direction... so it can be set to backward (from finish to start).

[EDIT]
e) timeline_moment_add_script(ind, moment, script, [params]) ... allow to pass params to the script.

I know this can be done creating my own timeline implementation in GML... but once we have it already is just a question of making it more advanced ;)

Last edited:

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
for B - I'm a little confused what you're asking for, but timeline_speed might help?
Didn't realize that there was a timeline_speed variable.
I meant add moments as seconds instead of steps.

Code:
timeline_set_tick(t_seconds); //this could be set to t_steps or t_seconds
timeline_moment_add_script(my_timeline, 0.3, set_x, [obj_car, 100]);
this would call script set_x with parameters:

[obj_car, 100] ...after 0.3 seconds have passed!

Last edited: