• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[Request] Expand Path editor position list possibilities

Y

yoyowan

Wishlist dealing only with points position list inside Path editor (the list with coordinate x and y of each points) :

- Would like to have a feature to copy / paste single or multiple points position (right click option).
- I would like also to drag a point (or multiple) in the list and move them up and down (long left click).
- Even more I would like also to copy part (several points) of a path and paste to an other path at the desired position in the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

gnysek

I'm just wondering how you want to paste points on existing path... after, before or merge with existing points ? Seems impossible for me, as there's no way to know what user wanted.

Y

yoyowan

I'm just wondering how you want to paste points on existing path... after, before or merge with existing points ? Seems impossible for me, as there's no way to know what user wanted.
You can do it very simply, it is just a list of points. You are not dealing directly with the path but the position list (that creates the path).
If you copy / paste a position in the list it can come at the upper position of your copy action for example. You can also drag this position up and down in the list if you are not at the good line in the list : the "visual path" will reflect in real time your choices.

I do not consider merge, make no sense...

(Making paths code only could be a solution but I will miss the visual feedback of it...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yoyowan

Thanks gnysek, never used draw_path seems interesting... but still the path ide editor could be improved