• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Reporting bugs for GMS2 reports it to an alternate site? ("Solved")

Cpaz

Hello! I recently sent a bug through the helpdesk (they were nice and helpful!) However, a few days later, I find that the bug had been reported on another site (which I believe is being used privately by YYG atm) and get an email from the admin commenting on the bug from said site. Telling me that I shouldn't have posted the bug there.

But I didn't.

This isn't really that big of a concern, seeing as this is all within Yoyogames domain anyway, I just wanted to know what exactly happened here.

(Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum, I think it's related to GMS2. But not certain)

EDIT: Welp. I just realized that I had apparently posted a bug related to GMS2 to the original helpdesk, not the one for GMS2 (Egg in my face for not seeing the new one.) But I was horribly confused by the fact that the comment was posted on the mantis bug report, rather than the initial YYG helpdesk report. Apologies for potentially wasting people's time.

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Sorry, that's my fault - that and our Helpdesk system's anyway.

I had manually taken your ticket details and put the info onto the correct (hidden/private) project, but when I solved your ticket our Helpdesk system then sent a second copy to that public project (as that's the one Helpdesk tickets land in automatically. I didn't notice until I happened to be checking that project today, didn't recognise the name, thought you were one of the users who can report directly into that public Mantis report...

Sorry, it's been a busy week for us QA (as you might have guessed).

Cpaz

Sorry, that's my fault - that and our Helpdesk system's anyway.

I had manually taken your ticket details and put the info onto the correct (hidden/private) project, but when I solved your ticket our Helpdesk system then sent a second copy to that public project (as that's the one Helpdesk tickets land in automatically. I didn't notice until I happened to be checking that project today, didn't recognise the name, thought you were one of the users who can report directly into that public Mantis report...

Sorry, it's been a busy week for us QA (as you might have guessed).
No problem! Thanks for clearing that up. Keep up the hard work!