• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Replacements for The YoYo Demos

E

Edmanbosch

Every time I try downloading the YoYo demos, they give me an error saying "Error importing package". This is a problem for me, as I am interested in looking through the code of them, especially the YoYo Dungeon and the YoYo Breaker demos. So I would like to know if there are any good tutorials that show you how to do things similar to these demos, such as shader-based silhouettes and destructible tiles.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Can you look in yout UI.LOG file and see if there are any issues listed when you are importing? If so...can you file it as a bug?

E

Edmanbosch

Can you look in yout UI.LOG file and see if there are any issues listed when you are importing? If so...can you file it as a bug?
I reported it around a week before posting this thread, but I haven't gotten a response since, which is why I asked about alternatives to them. Should I report again, or should I be patient and wait for a response or a fix in an update?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Okay, you did get a reply i see. Like Dan said, it looks like you don't permissions in that folder. You shouldn't need to run as an admin, but you do need enough permissions to make folders, copy files into these locations.

You can move them, but make sure you don't set them to a folder that was created by an admin or other user, or you'll just get this again.

Also, we've found several people who didn't realise they even had anti-virus stuff on their machine, it came bundled and was hidden away. Check your running processes to make sure theres nothing unexpected there as "something" is definitely stopping GMS from writing files and operating normally.

This is a machine setup issue, and aside from giving this advice, there's not much more we can do I'm afraid. Some permission, group setting, file setting or program on your setup is the issue.