Repeat an action by a set of time (drag'n drop)

M

Mauricio Antunes

Hi nice to meet you all.
I just purchased this software and i really suck at programming so i'm using more drag and drop functions to create my first game, but i have a question and i hope you guys can help me.
I need to create an event that spawn a certain object at every 2 seconds and i'm failing hard to do it.
How could i do it using the drag and drop menu of game maker?

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
You can use alarms. In the create event, set an alarm 0 to 60 (which should be your room speed multiplied by 2 (because you need 2 seconds). I said 60 because the default room speed is 30). Now, create an alarm event. There put your instance create action, and then there too put an alarm action setting alarm 0 to 60. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Like this:

M

Mauricio Antunes

You can use alarms. In the create event, set an alarm 0 to 60 (which should be your room speed multiplied by 2 (because you need 2 seconds). I said 60 because the default room speed is 30). Now, create an alarm event. There put your instance create action, and then there too put an alarm action setting alarm 0 to 60. Hope this helps :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH =D

I don't get it. Also, I can't see the images you posted.

I don't get it. Also, I can't see the images you posted.
1) Add a Create event in your object.
2) Add a Alarm action in your Create event and set it to 60.
3) Add a Alarm event in the same object.
4) Add a Instance create action in your alarm event and select the instance you like to spawn.
5) Add a Alarm action in your Alarm event and set it to 60 so that the alarm will repeat itself.

Let me know if there is anything that's unclear about this